Howdy! I'm Paul McCann, and this is my home on the Internet.
If this is your first time here, you might want to check the latest posts or highlights below, or check my list of projects. Posts on Dampfkraft are organized into loose collections; Games, Code and Computers, and Japanese Language Technology are some of the larger ones. If you want to get an overview of the site you can look at the full list of Collections, or if you're feeling bold you can dive right into the Obscurities.
Recent posts (RSS):
- Writing a Multilingual Book in Markdown
- Kentaro Miura's Bookshelf
- Famicase 2022: Moss
- Things That Happened in 2021
- A Field Guide to Japanese Mojibake
- A Spectre is Haunting Unicode: The story of how some accidents made their way into the character tables. 彁
- Japanese Play-by-Postcard RPGs: Net Games: A look at a unique gaming culture from the 90s.
- What Color is Khaki, Anyway?: A global ambiguity many people are happily oblivious to.
- How to Make a User with a Numeric Username in Linux: A guide to the forbidden art.
- Palladian Facade Generator: Endless geometric facades for the price of a few processor cycles. Featured on ArchDaily.
You can see all posts ordered by date at the Archive.