Howdy! My name is Paul McCann, and this is my home on the Internet.
I'm a specialist in Natural Language Processing, mainly working in Japanese. Starting August 2019 I'm taking on consulting projects; check Cotonoha for details on that.
Elsewhere online you can find me on Twitter or check out some of my pet code projects on Github you might be interested in. I'm particularly proud of Deltos, which I use for personal notes and maintaining this site. Besides my own projects, I contributed most of the Japanese support in spaCy.
Recent posts (RSS):
- The White People
- An Overview of Japanese Tokenizer Dictionaries
- Setting up Japanese NLP with spaCy and MeCab
- What Color is Khaki, Anyway?
- The Best Book I've Read About AI Isn't in English
- A Spectre is Haunting Unicode: The story of how some accidents made their way into the character tables. 彁
- How to Make a User with a Numeric Username in Linux: A guide to the forbidden art.
- Palladian Facade Generator: Endless geometric facades for the price of a few processor cycles. Featured on ArchDaily.
- Drawing with Code: A guide to using a (now retired) Forth-inspired art bot.
- Tokyo Game Development Events: An overview of regular and not-so-regular gatherings of game creators in Tokyo.
You can see all posts ordered by date at the Archive.