How to Record Yourself Playing a Game
This post is part of a collection on Code and Computers.
This is how I started recording myself playing games. I use this on my Lenovo x230 with Intel integrated graphics and Windows7.
- Make sure you can play the game
- Download and install Open Broadcaster
- Start the game you want to record
- In Open Broadcaster (OBC), click on Global Sources → Add → Add Game Capture
- Enter a name like "push F12"
- On the settings screen, choose "Use Hotkey" and set key and mouse cursor options, and press OK
- In the main OBC window, click in the Sources tab and choose Add → Global Sources → Push F12, then check the box
- Click Preview Stream
- Go back to the game window and push your hotkey
- Go back to the OBC window and make sure the stream works
- Adjust microphone and speaker volume
- Finally, click Stop Preview then click Start Recording
And there you go. Ψ